Thursday, January 26, 2012

5 Good and 5 Bad Packaging Design



Good examples of packaging

I thought the design for the Starbucks Hot Cocoa's packaging seemed very elegant and soothing, just like the type of sensation its products should be producing.


I like how the uppermost message sort of contours the brand allowing the consumer to immediately know what the contents are
I thought it was a brilliant idea how the designer decided to change the structure of the package similar to that of popcorn, an idea that possibly came from the buttery flavor

I thought the packaging was straight to the point in visual communication, with the imagery of a straw poking through an orange (100% Pure & Natural Orange Juice)
I like how this Trident Layers packaging focuses on the fact that there are layers will real fruit flavors with the proximity of two elements on the packaging design

Bad Examples of Packaging

I see nothing but colors on this packaging that are used to define its uniqueness, but I feel that there should be more elements added to make it more so
(Middle) There seems to be a variety of typefaces used in this design and from a glance, I get even more confused as to what it is  
I find the disturbing illustration to be very distracting, but the size of it draws my eyes toward it more, when what I really want to focus on is the main image
There are too many things going on in this packaging design and as if the font wasn't small enough for the flavors indication, the type on the black container becomes unnoticeable
I dislike the use of colors in this packaging and I think the designer is trying to o hard to make it known what the product is

No comments:

Post a Comment